We are delighted to announce that
Simla will be reopening on Monday 17th May.
Initially we will operate on the basis of the same opening hours as before. If we adjust these hours, we will update our online entries accordingly.
We encourage all customers to book a table in advance. Customers making a booking should only do so if they are not suffering any COVID-19 symptoms or are otherwise not isolating. At certain busy times, we will have to limit the booking to 90 minutes. We are doing our best to accommodate as many customers as possible so we appreciate any flexibility on your side.
Because of our limited capacity, we are also very happy to prepare meals for takeaway collection rather than for dining in.
We have put in place certain restrictions and processes reflecting government guidelines that are explained below. Due to the size and layout of the restaurant area, we cannot operate a one-way system so customers should bear this mind when deciding to dine at the Simla.
– We will have a hand sanitiser station immediately upon entry, and customers should use this when entering or exiting the restaurant.
– There will be fewer tables which will be laid out in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
– Our front of house staff will be washing hands regularly, certainly before and after every serving. Staff will not be wearing gloves.
– Our menus will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use. We will have disposable menus in addition.
– Each guest or group of guests will be asked to provide their name and contact details if we do not already have them. These details will be discarded 3 weeks after the date of your visit.
We are very much looking forward to reopening and returning to normality, but we do ask for your understanding in the interim. We will be doing our very best to ensure the safety of our staff and guests and we appreciate that there are challenges so an element
We are a restaurant serving modern Indian cuisine situated in the Quayside area of Newcastle. Many will be familiar with the original Simla restaurant which has been within our family since 1981. Following a revamp in 2016, the Simla has now re-opened, totally renovated with a refreshed look and feel and an updated menu.
Our cuisine harks back to long established and fresh ways of preparing dishes without any pretence or gimmicks. The menu reflects our deep appreciation of historically significant dishes from throughout the Indian subcontinent. Our aim is to provide a relaxed and refined dining experience. We hope you will agree. We are situated in the pedestrianised area of the Quayside.